This was the first project I decided to tackled this year, it is our security light that we had installed a couple of years ago after someone stole from our property. The dirt they dug up had a lot of clay and nothing was growing there but thistles so I decided to do something about it.
The bricks were from another project that didn’t work out the way we wanted so I decided to use them to make a border around the pole. After the border was in place I got some bags of topsoil mixed with some of our own dirt and I began to work that mixture into the soil around the pole. When that was done I planted morning glories and some wildflowers on the one side. The other side didn’t seem to grow as well so I mixed in more dirt and planted phlox and delphinium.
The jar is a solar light that I got on sale at Menard, it’s a colored jar with LED lights inside and when it’s on, it looks like a jar with fireflies inside. For those of you wondering, yes you can still see the lights even though it’s right under the security light.
I am very happy with how this turned out, other than the morning glories, I tried to plant all perennials as they will continue to come back each year without me having to plant more.
I think I can finally say that this little project is done.